Tuesday, July 8, 2014

This blogging thing is starting to take shape!

.......I think. 


I have a plan, which is....to write about whatever I feel led to write about. So that's easy. 

I have a format, which is me writing and Derrick adding his thoughts, either all the time or just on whatever topic he feels led to share on. I'm really excited about this part, I think it's going to be fun to do this together!

I have a blog name but...I'm not satisfied with it. Based on what you know about us and the whole joint-blogging idea, what comes to mind? Something short and catchy would be great. :) 

I've also joined a few networks, and my next task is to start connecting with people, then start a FB page, get a Twitter account, and then share share share any blog post, article, photo, product, or idea that I think is awesome. :) The social media part should be easy since I already do some of that anyway! 

I have a lot of things I'm passionate about, and Derrick has a lot of the same passions. So I think we will make a good writing team. But where to start? Well, you'll find out soon....a very open and honest confession from me is coming up in the next day or two, followed by my co-writer's thoughts (which he hasn't let me read yet, so I'm waiting with anticipation!). Looking forward to this new adventure!
If you have tips for me, ideas, suggestions, I want to hear them all. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I've been where you are with the children, being a Christian (still am!) since I was 16. Running a small business which I've got a lot of issues with. I'd be happy to be a sounding board for you if you want to chat. I've learned a few things about social media and blogging I'm on mommybloggers network. Here's my blog link: http://www.bloggymoms.com/profiles/blog/list?user=28wyea5stydei#. Besides being a Christian and a baby boomer I have a 4 yr old grandson I fell in love with the moment I first saw his face and he was the inspiration for me to start my preschool educational toys and more online store imagineplaytoys.com. Hope to hear back and stay in touch with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I look forward to learning more about you through your blog posts and will definitely be asking questions as this process moves forward! :)

      Delete